Our Tips on Buying A Property
Buying a home is likely to be one of the most exciting things you will do in your life, but it may also be one of the daunting activities you undertake. You can never plan or prepare too much for buying property and at Nathan Andrews Estates, we are on hand to assist you with every step of the buying process.
Feel free to contact us for specialist support but for now, please enjoy these buyer tips.
- Create a budget and get as much guidance as you can
- Put your finances into order as best as you can
- Start saving as early as you can and get guidance on what the best saving options are
- Review the Government’s Help To Buy schemes and determine if they will be suitable for you
- Create a list of features that you need to have in your new area and what features would be nice to have
- Create a list of features that you need to have in your new home and what features would be nice to have
- Look for property in as many places as you can, not just online
- Ask friends, family members or colleagues for advice and assistance in looking for properties
- View available homes and get a feel for what is on the market
- Feel free to ask questions at property viewings about the home and local area
- If you need additional support at viewings, bring along a friend, family member or even a professional tradesmen to ensure you are happy with what you see
- You will at some point have to make an offer – be prepared to negotiate and haggle but if you want to move home, you need to place an offer
- Arrange for a survey to be carried out at the home and make sure you understand the findings
- Ensure that you have legal representation who know what you are looking for and who will provide you with the best standard of support and guidance
- Stay in regular touch with your legal representation and if you need to act, act quickly
- Arrange for a removal firm or family and friends to help you move
- Exchange contracts, pick up the keys and look forward to a new life in your new home
These buyers tips will take you from start to end of the moving process, so make sure you are prepared for what buying a property entails. If you need any assistance when buying a home, contact Nathan Andrews Estates.